Friday, January 14, 2011

Artist Sells Herself as Commodity: Iggy Buys Her Head

Artist for Sale
Location: Getting Ahead in Second Life

When a post by Miso Susanowa caught my eye today, I had to participate, if only to use a groaner of a pun I've always loved.

Miso is selling herself, a bit at a time, at the University of Western Australia's 3D Open Art Challenge.

Needing a place for my spare dreadlocks, I bought her head for 300 Linden Dollars.

Thus the artist in SL these days: as Linden Lab turns its back on the builders who made the world possible, the remaining customers and their creations are, indeed, commodities.
Not So Subtle Message
Well done, Miso. I promise we'll never play soccer with your head.

Get over to the show [direct teleport link] before Miso and her secrets (there's one in each body part) are purchased.
At Iggys Gallery
I'm not telling a thing. The secret in Miso's head is between me and her.

4 comments:

Miso Susanowa said...

Thank you Iggy for participating in this artwork. The final actual piece submitted to the judges will now be placed at UWA and will include the Shell of the Seed Work, the blog posts...

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! If you act TODAY you can get your own CHEAP DIGITAL KNOCKOFF of the Seed Work (minus the Revelations of course)FREE!!! Hurry NOW while supplies last (and before the closing of the Round)!

Iggy O said...

I will even throw in a set of fake Ginsu Knives to the first 100 avatars who buy the cheap digital knockoff.

Miso, you are a paragon of capitalist thinking.

Miso Susanowa said...

Hmmph, i said FREE! The Cheap Digital Plastic Replica© is a OLD-SKOOL FREEBIE AND! ... it will continue to give out free replicas of itself!

How's THAT for CwF+RtB! :P ADDED VALUE, Iggy - it's the Marketing App of the Future!!!

Miso Susanowa said...

ps - I want a set of the Ginsu knives pls. Do you know where I can get the Popeil Snow Saw?