Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Challenge Post: Why I Blog

Zoning Day
Location: Archives of Old Pics

This one, Alicia, is easy.

I wanted to write daily in a low-stakes manner. I work on fiction, editorials, and academic articles, some for pay and some for play.

Writer's Block is a constant for anyone who works in the field. For me, blogging seemed to be an "idea factory," and since I have a long-time interest in the history of technology and its impact on cultural practices, I figured I'd use that topic.

Then, in 2007, I began to explore Second Life. Thus, this blog. It began at our struggling local newspaper's site, and the old archive is still there. The site is such a mess that it'll probably never be deleted until the inevitable happens and the print operation folds.

As the hype about SL flagged, so did any promotion of the SL blog at the paper. So I moved over here. And here I've remained.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
iliveisl said...

hey cool, sl is what started me blogging too! =)

Iggy O said...

Dang spammers. Let that one slip through then nuked it.

Yeah, SL provides endless drama, turmoil, even moments of wonder. No wonder we all enjoy blogging it.