Sunday, November 8, 2009

November Road Trip: Metaplace Speed Demon!

69 Boss
Location: GK97’s World

No Mini Cooper S, my real-life ride, in sight, so I debated a contender for my car-buying dollars (but too long to park in town without bumper-dinging sorrow), a Mustang GT.

Then I saw a car I’ll never own, a ’69 Mustang Boss. The Boss wins!

Since it's a little world--and that makes driving a tiny bit more frustrating than in an arcade game with a much larger track--I'll keep my post tiny.

As in Second Life, Metaplace driving is controlled by arrow-keys. There were no gears to shift or special features on these cars. The biggest problem here, however, is the tiny size of the world. On a bigger track this low-lag driving could be the hoot of a virtual lifetime.

Meep-Cannons & Moop
The cannons let visitors blast each other and the drivers with flying Meeps. They make green Moop when they hit.

The Boss handled about as well as a real-life vintage Boss would. Muscle cars were not known for tight handling, so I mowed down many virtual spectators. They were just props put there by the builder; I wonder what my car would do to other Metaplace avatars? The world was empty, but for me.
Roadkill

Silly, yes! Fun, yes! Visit GK97's World to try for yourself.

No comments: